Hidden behind my ‘Hareball’was another unfinished painting, it had been hidden for almost a year, I had ripped up a book I got from a skip at the beginning of 2015, it was used in a number of paintings I did, including the beginnings of this one. Way back I had started by putting on Indian ink to form the face…..oh I had primed with clear gesso first. Then it went on a hide and seek, until my discovery yesterday. Because the clear gesso leaves a sandy feel when dry, I decided it was a great tooth to add some pastel. The end result was not my plan for it a year ago, time has made it better than its original design plan. I quite like her now.