After having a tidy up in the garden, I decided that the leaves I was about to bin could be put to some good use. The fern painting was created by pressing it through my die cutter onto watercolour paper, I then added watercolour paint in a variety of colours. It was very cheap watercolour paper, and I had forgotten how much difference decent paper makes, the colour was nearly ready for mud, but it was so much fun…I may try something similar with some decent paper soon. The second was leaves from a black current bush ( smelt lovely) this time I coated the vein side of the leaf with watercolour paint, then pressed onto the paper, like a stamp, I then added some colours to the leaves, this was a better quality paper, so took the paint more efficiently. A huge amount of fun with paint and gardening today.
Tags20x20 auction 2015 abstract acrylic painting arab art bird bleach brusho caran dache neocolor Card cat Charcoal Claybord handmade colourful Cow derwent tinted charcoal Dog dogart donkey drawing dressage dylon fabric dye painting Elegant writer equine figure fox girl graphite Hampshire open studios Handmade watercolour paint Hare highland cow honey bee Horse horseart horses hospice hound indian ink ink ink and wash Journal jumping lady Lamy pen Liquid pencil Mixed media naturedoodlewash new forest nude Oakhaven Oil painting oil painting painting Painting pastel Pastel pen Pencil People picture polychromos pony portrait puffin rabbit sketch sktchy app Slate tsunami rose watercolor watercolour Woman Worldwatercolorgroup worldwatercolormonth