8#worldwatercolormonth- sexy lady

When I first created paintings for charity auctions, I hit the first big stumbling block, -what to paint?  I wanted a popular subject matter, that would sell well for the charity, I looked up the most popular themes for wall hung paintings in the home, one of the top subjects was nude, erotic, eek, can’t paint that, I have had a few goes in the past, fairly disastrous attempts at that. Lucky for me in the tops for wall hangings are also animal, pets, especially dogs, and wildlife at no 8.

According to a Art Business Today survey in 2003*, these were the Top 10 best-selling subjects for paintings in the UK:
1. Traditional landscapes.
2. Local views.
3. Modern or semi-abstract landscapes.
4. Abstracts.
5. Dogs.
6. Figure studies (excluding nudes).
7. Seascapes, harbour, and beach scenes.
8. Wildlife…….yippeee!

9. Impressionistic landscapes.
10. Nudes

I decided as nudes and figure studies both feature in the top 10, I should give this another go during worldwatercolormonth

Well an attempt it is, I enjoyed it, but I will stick to hairy creatures I think

image

Lady in bikini, figure study in watercolour cold press A4 140lb

Advertisements

About REcreate-RebeccaEvansCreate

My name is Rebecca Evans, living in the New Forest I have been inspired to paint the many animals often seen around me. Having ridden since Childhood, painting equines was a natural path to follow. I use a variety of media, watercolour, oil, charcoal, pastel,inks, plus a few more, infact I will try most things. Choosing the medium to work with can really change the effect of the art, and therefore the character of the animal. Sometimes it is an instant decision, sometimes it is the mood from within me which determines which medium I choose to use. I never know what might inspire me next, but if it’s hairy, I will be sure to try.
This entry was posted in art and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to 8#worldwatercolormonth- sexy lady

1. Jodi says:

well – there’s something completely different! lol! nice work Rebecca 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. debiriley says:

I like your woman posing! love the long shape of arm, lovely curve of hip, and her long hair! being wp you probably had to stay with semi clad…. I’d have given a thumbs up for nude. nudes are great, tastefully done, of course. 🙂 in reality, they are like painting beautifully muscled horses, in a way. well, thats how I looked at it! lol Great job Rebecca, cheers, Debi

Liked by 1 person

3. Snehal Kank says:

You can work awesomely on any subject Rebecca! Well done 👍🏼 I like the highlights on her hair and her curvy body! By the way thanks for sharing the info too!

Liked by 1 person

4. Totally different and good info too! Great job on the skin tones

Liked by 1 person

5. Jacob says:

Well, at least ‘hairy creature’ means a nice hirsute man isn’t completely out of the question! 😉 Awesome figure Rebecca – beautifully executed hair, great expression – the lips came out especially so, I struggle like mad with those – and those curves are deadly!

Liked by 1 person

6. Oh wow!! Now this is sassy and racy…I love it!! Such a departure! And you’re still amazing at it. This is awesome!

Liked by 1 person

7. You are so wonderfully multi-talented! Love how you capture movement, energy and personality. Great painting.

Liked by 1 person

8. You’ve done a beautiful job with this, but considering the subject I did a double take when I saw your name lol! Not easy but wonderfully executed Rebecca. I have to say I prefer your hares, horses and furry critters tho lol! 💜💜💜💜💜

Liked by 1 person

9. Something different and new is always good to try and experimenting within your art exploring new territories going out of your comfort zone is a new way of expressions in your paintings and creativity, do figure is not easyand you did great! 😉

Liked by 1 person

10. Stephen Moore says:

Nice work…..

Liked by 1 person

11. spinnews says:

Reblogged this on spinnews and commented:
    We Love Pinup Style Art…so we share ..enjoy